The Locust Grove OK Area Chamber of Commerce is actively pursuing economic growth by sponsoring events and making improvements that bring people to town and to your business. Our work directly benefits everyone in town. Please help us by joining the Chamber.
Chamber meetings are schedule on two different days/times to accommodate as many people as possible. See THIS PAGE for the 2019 meeting dates.
Chamber members will have their business information posted on this website and will have voting privileges at Chamber meetings. Each single business/main business/organization is allowed two voting representatives in the Chamber. Individuals who are members are allowed one vote.
Chamber members are regularly featured on the Chamber’s Facebook page and can always send news and sales information about their businesses to us to post on the Chamber page. Message the Chamber on its Facebook page to send information.
Membership Dues: Pay Online
FREE Junior Membership (high school students only)
DUES are good for a year from Jan-Dec. Membership dues are due Jan. 31 of every year.
Membership Dues: Pay by Mail
Print and fill out the MEMBERSHIP FORM below and bring it to a monthly meeting or mail it with dues to:
Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 525
Locust Grove, OK 74352
BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP:
- Promotion of your business through Chamber website, Chamber Facebook page, etc.
- Voting privileges for Chamber items
- Participation in planning town events
- Input in Chamber policies
- Experience in civic improvement, organization, and community development
- Opportunity to promote one’s skills and promote others
HERE are only a few of the Chamber-sponsored events, taking hundreds of volunteer hours and using Chamber membership funds, that we have held recently or are planning:
- Annual Founder’s Day activities and parade
- Annual Christmas Parade w/Celebration
- Watermelon Festival
- Fresh Paint Days
- Independence Day Celebration
- Chamber meetings with special guest speakers
- Back to School Teachers Breakfast
- Business Workshops with NTC
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Chalk Art Contest
OTHER activities the Chamber is involved in include the following:
- A Chamber board member attends each town council meeting and reports on business concerns and community issues.
- A Chamber board member attends each school board meeting and reports on educational issues the Chamber is helping with or is concerned about.
- Partnering with the Locust Grove Arts Alliance to produce events, such as in the Smithsonian Water/Ways exhibit coming in the fall 2019 and the NEA Big Read program coming in April 2019.
- Partnering with area nonprofits, such as the Mayes County Hope Coalition, to provide healthy activities and resources for children
- Continuing to learn about business and economy related concerns by attending staff development workshops and training
- Fostering a sense of community by helping host Locust Grove history events and workshops