The LG Chamber will once again sponsor our town’s Christmas parade. This year, we are having the celebration at night to take advantage of Christmas lights and the lighting of the town Christmas tree.
Dec. 5, 2017, Tuesday night
5:30: Lighting of the tree
5:30-?: Santa Claus photos
7:00: Parade (6:30 lineup at LGHS)
- The Christmas tree lighting will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the In-N-Out parking lot at the downtown stoplight. Hot chocolate, apple cider and cookies will be served.
- Santa Claus will be inside Junk Justified to take pictures with all the kiddos, starting at 5:30 p.m.
- A Christmas raffle drawing for prizes will also take place, and you need not be present to win. The tickets are available for purchase now at various businesses (see below).
- Town businesses can also compete for a Best-Decorated business award for the business’s holiday display with lights and decorations.
- The parade will start at 7:00 p.m. The Parade Marshal is Marcia Weaver Payne, owner of DJ’s Diner.
- In the meantime, if you would like to participate in the parade or have vendor space for the event, please fill out the appropriate form below.
- NOTE: In addition to the appropriate registration form, ALL parade and vendor participants must fill out and submit the PARADE RELEASE FORM:
- Other information about the parade can be found in these documents:
PRIZE DRAWING–50/50 DRAWING
PRIZES (More are being added)
The Chamber is proud to have Marcia Weaver Payne as this year’s Parade Marshal. Marcia has owned DJ’s Diner in downtown LG for 22 years. She is married, loves music and all things Vegas, loves to travel, and plans to do more when she retires. Marcia has several rescue animals.
“I want to see the town and community thrive,” Marcia said. “Locust Grove has so much to offer!”
COMMITTEE MEMBERS/VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Parade Committee
- Christmas Lighting Committee
- Set-up & Decoration Committee