Founder’s Day 2020 will be on May 9
The following is information about the 2019 Founder’s Day:
Theme: Locust Grove through the Years
This year, Founder’s Day will have lots of vendors that you have come to enjoy over the years, plus the parade. We are adding other fun things, too, including our first cardboard car show for all ages, a street dance, and DJ Dongo providing musical entertainment all day. Marcia Payne will have everyone’s favorite DJ’s Diner burgers, and there will be plenty of carnival-type games for the kids to play.
We need YOU to make the day a success. Consider participating in one or more of these ways before or on the day:
- Enter the parade. You can have a float, decorated vehicle, horse, etc. We need participants to make a successful parade. The theme is Locust Grove through the years. Pick a year from history and show us your stuff.
- Be a vendor. If you have food, crafts, items, art, etc. to sell, please set up and show us what you’ve got.
- Enter the cardboard car show contest.
- Enter the Founder’s Day Foosball Tournament at Wonder City Coffee.
- Visit the LGAA gallery to see the Locust Grove Heirloom display with items from local families through the years.
- Attend the day’s events and have a great time.
- Volunteer to help the Chamber with promoting Founder’s Day and with running events during the day.
Vendors can pay fees with credit card or PayPal below, but written forms still must be filled out and mailed or hand-delivered.
Vendor Application Fee
Tentative Schedule (subject to change)
7am-11am, Pancake Breakfast, Covey Masonic Lodge
8 am, Vendors start setting up on Main Street
8 am, Locust Grove Martial Arts Demonstrations begin, In-N-Out Parking Lot
9 am, LG Heirloom Display begins, LGAA/Chamber Gallery
9 am, Turtle Races, LG Family Physicians parking lot
9 am, Old Coot’s Advice Table, in front of Chamber/LGAA office
9:30 am, Dog Show, LG Animal Clinic parking lot
10-2 pm, Out of This World Obstacle Course, LG Public Library
10-2 pm, Library Book Sale, Public Library
10 am, Pledge of Allegiance/Anthem, In-N-Out parking lot
10 am, Ring Toss, Builder’s Wholesale parking lot
10 am, Rabbit in Hat Magic Shop, shows begin
11 am, Ragland, music in front of Holman’s
11 am, Juice Box Jams w/Sarah Sunshine, behind Chamber/LGAA office
Noon, Cardboard Car Show, cars must be set up by noon at old DJ’s Diner lot
1:30, LG Martial Arts Demo, In-N-Out
2:00, LG Martial Arts Raffle Drawing, In-N-Out
3 pm, Parade (lineup at 2 pm at old high school parking lot)
3:30 pm, Cornhole tournament, Masonic Lodge, Ross Street
4 pm, Wonder City Foosball Tournament, Wonder City Coffee
6:30 pm, Street Dance
Founder’s Day Committee
Jerry Yates, 918-586-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendors & Entertainment:
Adele Collette, 918-530-8132, email@example.com
Games/Coordination of Other Activities:
Marsha Evans, 918-440-6617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardboard Car Show:
Sandy Burford, 918-373-4247
Trash & Sanitation:
Roxann Yates, 918-530-5321, email@example.com
Shaun Perkins, 918-864-9152, firstname.lastname@example.org